We are a people company. Our experienced, skilled and passionate people empower customers and partners to meet their challenges through best-in-class, user-friendly solutions. And we are a technology company. We help our customers and partners optimize processes through our software, hardware and services and through our support. Connecting people and technologies provide the means to accomplish goals and ambitions and gain a competitive edge in today's digitalized world.
Your mission as our newest family member of an Customer Support Engineer Technician, is to provide an exemplary customer experience. Your product knowledge and people centric attitude will assist customers to be successful with Beijer Electronics, Inc.. You will work with the Engineer team, Customer Support, and Beijer Sweden's Applications team to ensure that our customers always receive best-in-class service to match our best-in-class products. You will provide technical product knowledge and insights for our customers to see the Beijer family of products function at their finest and in conjunction with customer existing platforms. This will be achieved both by webinar and hands on training.
The Successful Applicant
We already know you're awesome, and we want to encourage everyone to apply - reach for the stars! - here's what our very ideal candidate might already have in their back pocket:
- Customer service or technical support experience
- Associates’ Degree or pursuing a technical discipline
- High level language programming experience C++, C# or Java preferred
- Electronic hardware understanding and software development process experience.
- Familiarity with the following:
- Automation/PLC Programming, OPC, Profibus, and CAN
- Networking (Ethernet, UDP, WIFI, TCP/IP)
- Embedded software, WinCE OS
- Visual Studio
- Serial interface: EIA‑232, EIA‑422, EIA‑485, USB
- You obtained a four year degree, preferably in a technical discipline - kudos to you! We think that shows some real grit!
In addition, here are some of the "fluffy things" we find super important too:
- You enjoy learning - you look forward to and have the ability to learn new programming languages, technologies, and software.
- You are a team player - you understand the value of a helping hand especially within a lean company like Beijer.
- You're a "speaking partner" - you have excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
Some of the Benefits of Choosing Beijer
We recognize this is a two way street, we want you to like us as much as we like you! So we've come up with, and routinely add, perks to help keep everyone healthier, happier, all the -iers!
- We first and foremost value work/life balance. Almost all employees are able to work remotely on a flex schedule.
- All employees receive at least 12 company-paid holidays per year (it can be up to 16 depending on how the calendar falls!) and our Time Off Policy is one of the best in the industry - you get at least 17 days off per year to use at your discretion, four cash out opportunities each year, and a separate Volunteer Time Off bank!
- We offer all employees access to our award-winning Wellness Program in which employees are offered subsidies for participating in an active lifestyle. Our Wellness Team also creates fun social activities within and outside working hours regularly - cooking classes, golf, Paint Nite, and much more all paid for by Beijer and completely optional, but we'd love to have you join us!
- We offer full medical, dental, vision, life and disability, accident, and even pet insurance at very competitive rates.
- You are fully vested in our 401k plan from day #1 we also offer a company match.
- If you have student loan debt, we can help you pay off that debt faster through our newest benefit that allows Beijer to make payments to your student loan tax-free!
- You'd be choosing the company that was awarded Top Culture in the entire State of Utah in 2020. This was irrespective of size or industry. We don't treat employees like another number or another face, we are family, and we can't wait for you to join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Beijer Electronics. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We politely, but firmly, decline all calls from recruiters.